- Accomplish all tasks assigned by the Dive Supervisor.In the event he/she is assigned a task for which he/she does not consider him/herself qualified whether by training and/or experience, he/she shall immediately inform the Dive Supervisor.
- Read, understand, and comply with all Aqueos policies and with applicable governmental regulations as they relate to his/her qualifications or performance while engaging in Diving operations.
- Maintain a high level of physical fitness.
- Ensure that the deepest depth of his/her dive has been established before his/her ascent.
- Immediately obey all commands or instructions from the Dive Supervisor to return to the surface, first decompression stop or bell.
- Safely transition from the water to the Decompression Chamber without avoidable delay.
- Act as a Standby Diver when directed to do so. While acting as Standby Diver, the Diver shall be dressed sufficiently to allow immediate entry to the water and to stay at depth as long as circumstances require, remain at his/her station throughout the entire dive and in water decompression, and monitor the Dive Radio to constantly remain abreast of events of the dive. Not to be assigned any tasks that might interfere with his/her duties as standby Diver while there is a Diver in the water.
- Act as a Chamber Operator as required by the Dive Supervisor.
- Comply with regulations or instructions concerning the use, maintenance, and repair and testing of all diving equipment provided for the operation.
- Report to the Dive Supervisor any recent medical treatment of illness so that a proper determination can be made concerning his/her fitness to dive.
- Immediately report all symptoms or suspected symptoms as early and accurately as possible.
- Report to the Dive Supervisor any defect or malfunction of the diving equipment provided for the Diving operation.
- Follow safe diving practice at all times during the Diving operation whether on deck or in the water. Bring to the attention of the Dive Supervisor any questionable items. Be alert for the safety of others as well as him/herself.
- Assist in the training of new personnel or Tenders.
- Remain awake in the vicinity of the Decompression Chamber for at least one hour following treatment or a hyperbaric exposure outside the no decompression limits.
- Know and observe the rules for flying after diving or traveling to altitudes higher than that of the dive site.
- Ensure that his/her diving equipment has been correctly maintained, prepared, and tested before each dive. This requirement should never be delegated to others.
- Maintain a Diver's log book.
- Ensure their medical certificates are up-to-date and recorded in their Diver's log book.
- Other duties assigned.
Hourly rate. Location and duration varies.
Qualifications & Specifications
- Certification from an accredited Dive School
- TWIC and ADC Diver Card
- Annual Safety Training
- First Aid CPR/AED/BBP
- In Hire Process
- Loss of Gas Qualification
- Driver's License
- IMCA Preferred
- Must have at least four (4) years of experience as a Diver and at least one hundred fifty (150) dives logged.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and/or OHSAS 18001 environment a plus.
Broussard, LA – Aqueos Corporation, a provider of Marine Construction, Commercial Diving, Remote.. Read More
Ventura, CA - Aqueos proudly celebrates having Jeff Kowalishen as our ROV Manager. We are so app.. Read More
Broussard, LA – Aqueos Corporation has recently mobilized a subsea platform inspection campaign .. Read More
Broussard, LA – Aqueos Corporation recently completed a diving contract for support of the Coast.. Read More